Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Toffee Cake

Christmas baking is in full swing now.  Pecan Toffee made and packaged up, Shortbread cookies well on their way and now for the Toffee Cake.



This is an old family recipe from my husband's aunt.  It was given to me when we first started dating as a "test" -- well, I managed to make it and happy to say I passed the "test" despite the fact that the recipe was from England and the measurements and temperatures were all a little different...........All I have to say is thank God for Google, because I now know what gas mark 3 is!!!

This starts off with a shortbread like bottom, covered with home make toffee and topped off with chocolate.  It really is to die for, it is so rich and good.


Star off by creaming the butter til smooth

Add vanilla

 Add flour

Press in pan and bake 

Then, make the toffee

 Until nice and golden

Pour over crust

Melt chocolate and cover once toffee sets

Let chocolate set, cut and package up!!!

All ready for my Christmas Gift Baskets!
 

Now that's Creative!


No comments:

Post a Comment